Serves : 4
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 6 medium tomatoes on the vine, halved width ways
- 4 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 small shallots, finely chopped
- 30g capers, roughly chopped
- 1 long red chilli, seeded and finely sliced
- 200g feta cheese, cut into large dice
- 1 large handful rocket leaves
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Preheat the oven to 210°C/fan 190°C/gas mark 7.
Put the halved tomatoes onto a roasting tray, cut side up and scatter with half the picked thyme.
Season with salt and black pepper then drizzle over the olive oil and place in the oven to roast for 30 minutes until charred at the edges and softened.
Remove and tip into a serving bowl.
Add the shallots, capers, chilli, feta and remaining thyme leaves and toss together - the juices will run out of the tomatoes and become a little squished - this is what you want!
Add a little black pepper, the rocket and extra virgin olive oil and toss all together.
Serve straight away as the tomatoes warm the rest of the salad. Best eaten straight away but can be served cold.