Serves : 2-3
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 12-15 minutes
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 320g chestnut mushrooms, halved or quartered if large
- 1 x 420g Dopiaza cooking sauce (can also use Balti or Rogan Josh)
- 250g cooked brown basmati rice
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp coriander, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp mango chutney
- 55g mini poppadoms
Heat a large sauté pan until hot, add the oil and the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until just softened. Add the chilli and fry for a further minute.
Stir in the mushrooms and cook over a high heat for 3-4 minutes until just browned and the water evaporated.
Stir in the sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes until hot through, then stir in the rice and cook for another 2 minutes until piping hot.
Stir in the lime juice, coriander and mango chutney and serve straightaway with the poppadoms.